Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder !
We live in a beauty centric society and a recent survey in the United States revealed that 72% of the people noticed a persons smile first followed by the lips eyes etc.
Cosmetic dentistry should be practiced as conservatively as possible. Ceramic Veneers are perhaps the most conservative modem of aesthetic dentistry to create fascinating smiles ..
Currently, the use of adhesive technologies makes it possible to preserve as much tooth structure as is feasible while satisfying our patient’s restorative needs and aesthetic desires.
At World -dent , Dr. Turners and team choose a material and employ path breaking techniques that allows the most conservative treatment at the same time keeping in mind the patient’s aesthetic, structural, and biologic needs.
With unrivalled strength, longevity, and biocompatibility, and superior aesthetics, ceramic veneers today have revolutionised cosmetic dentistry since their introduction
CADCAM EMAX CERAMIC veneers demonstrate excellent clinical performance and have become one of the most predictable, most aesthetic, and least invasive modalities of treatment.
For this reason, both materials and techniques provide the World -dent team of Cosmetic dentists to provide their patient an opportunity to enhance their smile in a minimally invasive to virtually noninvasive way.
Ceramic veneers are regarded as the ultimate modality for a conservative aesthetic approach because they leave nearly all of the enamel intact before the veneer is placed.
Since its introduction more than two decades ago, ceramic veneer restoration has proven to be a durable and aesthetic modality of treatment.
The predictable clinical success that The World -dent team ensures with the CAD CAM ceramic veneer is attributed to great attention to detail in a set of procedures.
- Treatment planning the case
- The correct indication
- The conservative preparation of the teeth
- The proper choice and selection of ceramics to use
- The proper selection of the resin restorative materials and methods of cementation and bonding
- The proper planning for the ongoing maintenance of these restorations
What are ceramic veneers?
Ceramic veneers, also known as porcelain laminate veneers are wafer thin shells of porcelain , specifically custom made for each patient depending upon the individual needs of the patient to correct and enhance the shape, colour of the teeth and create fascinating smile makeovers of the patient.
Ceramic veneers can dramatically change and enhance the smile in as little as 2 appointments and change the way you walk out of the office feeling more confident about the way you smile and ready to take on the world.
Latest Technology on Veneers
The World -dent team believes that Dentistry is an ever evolving science and Due to the constant developing dental technology in the past years, ceramic veneers are more lifelike. stronger and more beautiful than ever before mimicking the translucency and beauty of natural tooth enamel perfectly .
Newer porcelain veneers are much stronger and at the same time due to enhanced optical properties they reflect light similar to tooth enamel.
Digital Dental Era :
Advances in the field of Digital imaging enable the World -dent team to create restorations that are a perfect match to the shape and color of patients' teeth.
The veneers are CADCAM designed and milled and this greatly improves and
ensures excellent the fit of the veneers as the human involvement in their fabrication is dramatically decreased.
Furthermore ,dental treatments such as whitening of teeth and dental crowns can be combined with veneers to further improve patients smile giving a wonderful cosmetic outcome and stunning smiles.
Properties of ceramic Veneers :
- high strength and hardness
- Reflective properties similar to tooth
- long lasting and highly durable
- Tooth like translucency
- Resistance to staining
- Extremely biocompatible
- Ceramic laminate veneers once bonded are extremely strong and will resist most of the forces placed upon them by a normal diet
Indication of porcelain veneers :
- For correcting the smile of the patiet -smile designing
- correcting spaces between teeth
- Correcting tooth position (e.g., rotations)
- To change the color, shape,size or contours of the teeth
- to regain lost tooth structure lost by bruxism (grinding of one's teeth through habit patterns) or fractured teeth
FACTS ABOUT PORCELAIN VENEERS
- They require about 0.2 -0.5 mm of tooth reduction and therefore they are a reversible form of treatment.
- The preparation of a porcelain laminate veneer does not necessarily require the use of a local anesthetic. However, for patients with sensitive teeth or those with anxiety, it would be better to get the procedure done using a local anaesthetic.
- We at World -dent have our very own state of art CADCAM laboratory and therefore the time for the fabrication of ceramic veneer is approximately 5 days depending on the individual case.
- Some sensitivity to hot and cold maybe present following the cementation of the veneers but is transient and always disappears in a few days.
- Cementation of your laminate veneers can be done again with or without local anesthetic
MAINTENANCE OF CERAMIC VENEERS
- Treat them like your own teeth and brush and floss as you normally would your own teeth as Porcelain veneers are one of the most bio compatible restorations that we currently have. Your gums simply love them so don't be afraid of damaging your laminates by either flossing or brushing.
- Porcelain is a glass and like glass it is strong and gets even stronger once bonded to the tooth emanel. The only thing you you should avoid is anything that will tend to stress the laminate veneer by placing shearing forces on it eg. Opening pistachio nuts with your teeth, chewing on bones. Simply put avoid things that you should not eat even with your won teeth. As with most things, common sense should prevail.
- If you have a habit of bruxism or clenching your teeth, i.e. you have a habit of grinding your teeth it is prudent to get a nightguard fabricated to minimize the stresses placed involuntarily upon your teeth while you sleep.
- Regular maintenance and dental check ups should be done
Frequently asked questions about Porcelain Laminate Veneers :
- What happens to my teeth after veneers, and is there a chance of getting cavities?
Since the Ceramic Veneers cover one surface of the tooth completely the incidence of decay is less.
Sugar consumption should be kept low and confined to meal times, good dental advice generally to prevent decay.
There is a lower incidence of decay with veneers than with natural teeth if the veneers are properly taken care of .
- How long will porcelain veneers last?
They can last from 10-15 years !!
Normally nothing happens to the veneer as it itself is inert and non-living but the tooth or teeth to which they are attached and gum tissues are living and may change. Eg, the gum may recede as it does with age and may expose or reveal root surfaces.
- What about the lower teeth once the upper teeth are treated with veneers ?
We recommend in most patients to whiten the lower teeth with whitening (bleaching) procedures to ensure a good match. however in some cases lower veneers are recommended.
- Is there staining of the veneers stain with like tea, coffee and wine?
Ceramic veneers never ever stain !!
Brushing and normal maintenance with brushing and flossing is recommended.